Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday.

I'm feeling good. SO looking forward to moving. It will be a lot of stress, moneywise but WELL worth it. We have so many awesome apartments to look at and I am not worried about finding a place, not that I ever was.

WELCOME BACK AZUREE!

Aw I just noticed that all our aimals are asleep on either side of me on the couch. CUTE.

Yesterday I watched a wicked show on BET about famous hip hop battles. They spoke about how it shaped Hip Hop today. My favourite one was DEFINITELY MC Shan vs. KRS One. KRS said "Shan could have EASILY won the battle simply by ignoring me, but because he didn't I wouldn't be where I am today." The famous battle started because of some radio show thing ...blah blah KRS wrote South Bronx which absolutely KILLED. He said te first time it was played, the DJ was FORCED to play it 3 times in a row, because everytime he tried to play something else, the crowd chanted "South bronx south south bronx" over it. Sure, MC Shan's Kill That Noise was a 'cute' response to South Bronx, but BDP's The Bridge is Over is what killed MC Shan's battling career.

I love revisiting music that I totally forgot ruled :

Trevor Loveys, I don't know much about, but I know that I love his bouncy bass, space sounds, and occasional ripping synths and epic electronic music.

Trevor Loveys and Sinden - Organ Grinder

Voodoo Chili vs. Trevor Loveys-Look What You've Done

When I first heard Regina Spektor I was like OMG SO cute! She is the ex-girlfriend of Julian Casablancas of The Strokes, with a sweet, sometimes skratchy, lovely voice. She is a SUPER talented song writer, like her ex, and is probably the most endearing young woman EVER


Regina Spektor and the Strokes-Post Modern Girls

Regina Spektor-Hotel Song

I have ALWAYS loved Gnarls Barkley, everyone who doesn't OBVIOUSLY didn't listen to the full album. Cee-lo is an incredible, artist and musician. He,in my mind, is one of the greats. The soul and passion in his music is unlike anything I've heard. I tend to find myself a sucker for 'epic' music. This is one of my favourite songs off the Gnarls Barkley Album and the most epic. It's hard to choose a fave too because all the songs are SO different.

Gnarls Barkley-Storm Coming


whew. that was a long one.

No comments: